In keeping with our Taco Party theme over the past few weeks, I thought you might like to make a batch of Spanish rice to make the party complete. My version is made with brown rice, which is a little un-traditional but I believe it offers more flavor and it is so much healthier too.
- 1 – 2 tablespoon oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- ½ bell pepper, diced
- 1 teaspoon garlic
- 1 cup brown rice (toasted in dry skillet)
- 2 cups water
- ½ -1 teaspoon salt
- In a medium pan with a lid, sauté onion and bell pepper in the oil.
- Add garlic and rice and continue to sauté for 3-4 minutes.
- Add water and salt, bring to a boil.
- Cover with tight fitting lid and reduce heat to low.
- Cook for 60 minutes.