Berries say LOVE, especially this time of year when they cost more than chocolate and maybe even gold! But it is worth it to have that touch of spring after the long hard winter we have had. For our Valentine Breakfast we want to celebrate spring with granola parfaits. All of the special people in my family love this breakfast treat.
I simply make a delicious vanilla pudding or use soy yogurt layered with granola and berries. Here is my recipe for pudding, it comes out perfectly every time.
A super easy, extra special that will show your family that you love them on Valentines day!
- 4 cups nondairy milk
- 2/3 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- Combine all ingredients, except vanilla, in a medium saucepan. Stir well to eliminate lumps.
- Heat over medium until mixture comes to a boil and thickens, stirring constantly.
- Stir in vanilla. Cover and chill.
- Before serving, blend mixture in a food processor for a smooth and creamy pudding.
Makes 8 servings.
TIP: Maple syrup can be very expensive so, if you don’t want to use maple syrup, use a different sweetener and add 1/2 teaspoon maple flavoring.
Featured on Slightly Indulgent Tuesday