It is time to collect all that wonderful produce from your garden! I am guessing you have too many cucumbers, tomatoes and maybe some eggplant… right. I know our garden is bursting with all kinds of good things so for this months Meatless Monday Supper Club we decided to share some creative ways to use up all of your garden produce.
Our menu included a yummy “Tangled Thai” Salad that we found on Pinterest. A delicious Gazpacho soup, which is simply a cold soup made with lots of those amazing fresh vegetables from the garden. For the main meal we had “Eggplant Parmesan” (the only way I like eggplant!), fresh tomato sauce and Zoodles (that would be zucchini noodles) I cannot even tell you how good it was! A lot of our guests thought it was the best supper club yet!
I am sharing the Eggplant Parmesan recipe with you here but if you would like to receive all the recipes from our monthly supper clubs, sign up for our newsletter In the sidebar and we will send you each months recipes!
- Breaded Eggplant (see below)
- 4 cups Tomato Sauce
- 1 pound Angel hair pasta or Zoodles
Serve breaded eggplant on a bed of pasta (or zoodles) and top with your favorite tomato sauce.
- 2 medium eggplants, peeled and cut into 1/3-inch thick slices
2 cups breading mix (my homemade recipe is below…)
- ½ cup soy mayonnaise
- ¼ to ½ cup water or soymilk
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly coat a large baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray.
- Mix batter ingredients together in a small bowl; set aside. Place Breading Mix in a shallow dish.
- Dip eggplant into the batter, then into the breading. Place breaded eggplant onto prepared baking sheet.
- Lightly spray the tops of the eggplant with non-stick cooking spray. Bake 15 minutes on each side, or until browned and crispy.