Ridzogirl says this is almost as good as pizza! However, it is nothing like pizza, but it has been a favorite with both of my kids for years. I got the original recipe from a cooking school in Westerville, Ohio at least 15 years ago and have been making it ever since. It is a super easy one-skillet recipe; although I do suggest you use a really large skillet.
Sometimes to save space in my skillet, I roast the potatoes in the oven while I do everything else and throw the ingredients all together at the end. Otherwise, I can end up with green beans all over the stove.
Tofu Skillet Supper
- 2 packages (14 ounce) water packed tofu, extra firm
- ¼ cup Braggs Liquid Aminos or low sodium soy sauce
- 8-10 red skin potatoes, diced
- 2 teaspoons oil
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 1 small yellow or orange bell pepper, diced
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 bag (16 ounces) French cut green beans, frozen
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Drain water from tofu and wrap tightly in 2 clean dry dishtowels and let sit for 20-30 minutes, to remove excess moisture.
- Cut tofu into one-inch cubes and place in a shallow dish. Pour Braggs or soy sauce over the cubes. Allow the tofu to soak for about 10 minutes. This is called marinating.
- While the tofu is marinating, boil or steam potatoes until a fork can be easily inserted into the potato.
- Drain tofu and place in a large non-stick skillet over medium high heat. Cook, stirring occasionally until the tofu is lightly browned on all sides. Remove the cubes and set aside.
- Add oil to the pan with onion, pepper, and garlic. Cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Add potatoes, green beans, salt, and Italian seasoning. Cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in tofu and heat through.