Memorial day is the traditional beginning of summer. So the question is: what does a vegan eat on memorial day? Which is followed by the real question–Don’t you miss eating the flame grilled burgers and hot dogs? The answer is an emphatic NO!
The reality is I eat better as a vegan than I ever did as a carnivore! Here is how I do it–
Black Bean Sliders
- 1 can (15 ounces) re-fried black beans or 2 cups cooked black beans, mashed
- 1 ½ cups quick oats
- 1 medium onion, diced fine
- 2 tablespoons vital wheat gluten flour
- 1 ½ tablespoons beef-like seasoning
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Pre-heat oven to 400˚ and prepare cookie sheet by spraying with non-stick cooking spray.
- Mix all ingredients in a large bowl.
- Form into patties and place on oiled cookie sheet.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake 20 minutes.
- Remove cover, flip patties and bake for 10 more minutes.