I love waking up to the smell of granola in the oven. We made this recipe on the 3ABN Today program so I thought I would share the recipe with you. It is delicious in a bowl with fresh fruit or in a granola parfaits with the Vanilla Pudding I posted a while ago.
- 12 cups rolled or quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup whole grain flour
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened coconut
- 1 1/2 cups chopped nuts (walnuts, pecans, almonds or a combination)
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 to 1 ¼ cups brown sugar
- 1/2 cup oil
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- Preheat oven to 200°F.
- Mix dry ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Mix wet ingredients together in a separate small bowl.
- Add wet mixture to dry mixture. Mix gently with a spoon or your hands until all of the ingredients are moistened.
- Spread onto two large baking sheets.
- Bake overnight (6 to 8 hours) or bake at 300°F for 2 hours, stirring every 15 minutes.
- Cool completely before storing in an airtight container.
Makes 40 servings.