My favorite son is heading off to college at the end of the month! He will be living in a dorm, with only a microwave and a mini refrigerator to prepare some of his meals. What can you cook in a microwave? Apparently you can cook a lot more than I thought. How about blueberry muffins?
I saw a recipe for microwaved blueberry muffins on Chocolate Covered Katie’s site and decided to give it a try. They are completely dairy free! And although they are not much to look at, they are amazingly…surprisingly…unbelievably good! With just a couple of modifications I am planning to make a little mix for the ridzoboy to take to school. Just add the wet ingredients and microwave for 90 seconds and he has something besides cereal for breakfast.
Single Serve Blueberry Muffin
- 1/4 cup whole-wheat pastry flour
- 1/4 teaspoon aluminum free baking powder
- pinch salt
- 2 tablespoons blueberries
- 1 -2 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons non-dairy milk
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Mix the flour, baking powder and salt in a large microwavable mug.
- Add blueberries and stir briefly to coat with flour.
- Add wet ingredients and mix well, making sure to mix in all the flour off the bottom.
- Place in the microwave for 90 seconds. It may not look quite done but that is okay, it will continue to cook as it cools off.
- Let it cool and eat it!