If you are a regular reader, you know that I have been experimenting with granola recipes lately. You also know that my husband’s favorite granola is the Everything Granola and my daughter’s is the Gingerbread Granola. Is anyone curious as to what my favorite is?
I knew that you would be, so I thought I would share my Honey Nut Granola with you too. I am not sure why I like this one the best, I just do. I will occasionally add some raisins to it in my bowl or maybe some fresh berries.
My Honey is Nuts Granola
- 3 cups old fashioned rolled oats
- ½ cup unsweetened coconut
- ½ cup sliced almonds
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- ¼ cup chia or flax seed
- ¼ teaspoon of salt
- ¼ cup coconut oil or canola
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/3 cup honey
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Mix the oats, coconut and nuts together in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl mix together oil, water, honey and vanilla extract and pour over the dry ingredients, mix well.
- Spread the mixture evenly onto a baking sheet and bake for 25-30 minutes, stirring at the halfway point.
- Once the granola is browned, remove from the oven and let it cool on the baking sheet.
- Place in an air-tight container to store.